PINE RIVER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L.P.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
When you access this website we collect your IP address.
We may collect certain personal data about you if you contact us through an e-mail address listed on our website and submit such information. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, city, state, postal code, country, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, and any other information you choose to provide to us in your subject line and message.
Certain users may access sections of our website that require entry of a username and password. We collect that username and password when you register and when you enter this information to access the non-publicly available section of our website.
We collect basic technical information from all visitors to our website, such as whether you have accessed the page before and the time of your last visit. This information may include cookies and other commonly used technologies (e.g. web beacons). Please see the section on Cookies below for further information.
How Pine River Uses Your Personal Information
Pine River considers your personal information to be confidential. If you submit your personal information to us via our website, we will use this information only to the extent necessary to respond to you and as discussed below.
It may be necessary for you to provide personal information where Pine River has a legitimate interest in carrying out various actions which may include the following:
- to contact you and respond to your inquiry or provide you access to specific information or offers;
- to support our relationship with you;
- to understand how we can improve our products and services;
- to personalize your visit to the website and to assist you while you use the website;
- to send marketing communications to you;
- to improve the website by helping us understand who uses the website; and
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice.
Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest or for direct marketing. This right to object is not absolute in all cases.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Pine River may, to the extent relevant to the purposes for which we collect your information, share your information with third parties including:
- our affiliates or other entities that are part of our group or with our funds;
- any person to whom we have a right or obligation to disclose personal data, or where we determine that disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our rights or property, including with courts of law, governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies;
- our internet, IT, telecommunications and other service providers, including legal advisers, accountants, payroll administrators, insurance and employee benefits providers and administrators;
- service providers and trading counterparties to our funds or our affiliates, including placement agents or distributors, asset managers, brokers, banks, trading venues, clearing houses, custodians, corporate services providers, administrators of our funds, and providers of customer relationship management tools;
- credit reference agencies and other third parties conducting background checks in the context of employment or client, counterparty, or investment due diligence;
- any person, as directed by you; or
- any person to whom we may or do transfer any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, or in connection with a sale, merger or consolidation of our business or other transfer of our assets or assets of the funds we manage, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, or who is otherwise deemed to be our successor or transferee.
We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to collect debts, detect and prevent fraudulent activity, or protect the rights or property of Pine River, our clients and investors, our website, its users, or third parties, or when we otherwise believe in good faith that it is required by law.
Given the global nature of Pine River’s activities, personal information collected from you, including via the website, may be transferred to, and processed by, recipients located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the U.S., which are not considered by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of data protection.
Pine River has entered into EU standard contractual clauses (“Model Contracts”) for intra-group transfers of personal information. You can request a copy of these Model Contracts by submitting your request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
E-Mail Communications and Marketing
Occasionally, Pine River may send you e-mail communications with information that may be useful to you, including information about the products and services of Pine River. If you wish to stop receiving marketing or market research communications from Pine River, or would like to stop processing your personal information in any other way, you can contact Pine River as described below. However, if you are a customer or have a commercial relationship with Pine River, to ensure that you receive important information, you agree that Pine River may send you non-marketing related information when necessary. Pine River does not disclose, sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties, unless it is required to do so by law.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain data subject rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal information;
- the right to obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal information;
- the right to withdraw consent where you have given consent to the processing of your data, to withdraw consent;
- the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal information with their local data protection authority; and
- the right to portability of your information.
If you are based in the EEA and would like to exercise one of the above mentioned rights, please send a request via email to: email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
Pine River uses various methods to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and unauthorized disclosure or access. Although Pine River exercises reasonable care and security, Pine River does not guarantee the protection of your personal information as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely confidential or 100% secure. You use Pine River’s website and provide all such personal information at your own risk.
Pine River generally keeps personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which such personal information was collected, or for a longer period as required by law or where necessary for the purposes of its other legitimate interests. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include: (i) how long the personal information is needed to provide the services and operate the business; (ii) the type of personal information collected; and (iii) whether Pine River is subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on computer hard drives by websites that you visit. They are used to help users navigate websites efficiently as well as to provide information to the owner of the website. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org .
When you visit Pine River’s website, Pine River may place a cookie or other online tracking device in order to improve your experience by recognising you when you visit the website, such as by assigning a session ID and to deliver content specific to your interests. The cookies Pine River places may also collect information about your IP address, or click stream data within the website. This information helps Pine River improve the functionality of its website.
Questions and Comments
This policy is effective May 25, 2018.